Video interviews, panel discussions, articles and Q&As featuring
We all have a city that we are passionate about. Maybe you were born there, your favorite sports team plays there, or it’s your family’s annual vacation destination.
If you have a strong connection to a city, you may have thought about (or are now doing considering) purchasing the geographic domain name for that city.
This 20-minute tutorial by Internet entrepreneur Elliot Silver will guide you through the process of purchasing your first geo-domain. And Elliot is no stranger to geo-domains: he currently owns Burbank.com, Lowell.com and Newburyport.com.
April 19, 2011
Elliot Silver owns two companies and a lot of businesses, but he makes a majority of his revenue through domain name flipping. He constantly thinks of domain names to purchase and – when he decides he wants one – will almost always make an offer in his initial contact.
In this candid interview, Elliot shares a tremendous amount of information:
* How he discovers domains for purchase
* How he values domains
* Whether he “churns and burns” or tries to sell to an end-user
* How he finds end-users to contact
* How many domain name sales he focuses on at one time
* Why he uses both a written contract and escrow
* One $2,450 domain name investment gone bad and what he learned
And Elliot loves receiving reply emails from MAILER-DAEMON. Why? Opportunity. Listen to this interview to learn more.
April 12, 2011