Purpose of a DomainSherpa Review
In each DomainSherpa Review, selected experts review a domain name portfolio and openly share their insights into the value of the portfolio – including which domains are worth holding on to and which are junk to be dumped.
Questions answered during the reviews include:
- Which domains are valuable, and in what way?
- What is the market value (both wholesale and retail) of the best domain names?
- Which domains are worthless and should be dropped?
- Which domain names may invite legal issues, such as a UDRP case or cybersquatting lawsuit?
- Which domains deserve marketing efforts to sell?
- Which specialized broker should you contact to sell a specific domain name?
Domain name lists reviewed may include portfolios from:
- Newer domain name investors interested in feedback
- Experienced domain name investors looking for buyer interest
- Domain name sales lists on various marketplaces
- Drop lists of domain names becoming available soon
A DomainSherpa Review can be either a full domain name portfolio or just a select list, but 25 domains is the maximum quantity for review. The domain name portfolio owner may choose to be on the video conference call with the Sherpas or not. (Some consider it an intervention opportunity to get direct expert feedback and to stop wasting money on more worthless domain names.)
Invited Sherpas include domain name brokers, investors, entrepreneurs and bloggers:
- Maximum of five Sherpas per DomainSherpa Review
- Sherpas rotated every week
- Priority given to past Sherpas of DomainSherpa.com
What’s the benefit to a domain name portfolio owner?
- Receive up to five experts opinions on your portfolio, counteracting any bias from specialized experience.
- Learn if your buying strategy is working or needs adjustment.
- Receive tips for domain name monetization and sale.
- Gain the potential to receive unsolicited offers when your domain names are highlighted.
- Feel great about making a donation to help find a cure for cancer (a requirement, more info).
What’s the benefit to a Sherpa?
- Be recognized by the industry for your domain name expertise.
- Be able to refer newbie questions about domain names to the DomainSherpa Review, saving you time and frustration.
- Feel good about giving back to the industry – we all started at the same point.
Special thanks to Sherpa Page Howe for the idea to review drop lists on DomainSherpa, and for joining us on the premiere DomainSherpa Review show. It only took us a year to make it happen, but we did it. Thanks, Page.