In this DomainSherpa Discussion:
• Will Rick Schwartz be roasted at the upcoming TRAFFIC conference?
• Results of two new gTLD search engine studies (SEO & SEM) – the results are in!
• What’s more valuable: word.newTLD or word-newTLD.com?
• Does anyone care about any of the 16 new TLDs coming out this week?
• Why at least one Sherpa thinks the new TLDs are suffocating their own business models
• Flippa sells 333 domains sold for $8880 ($26.6 per domain) – smart sale or buy?
• Moniker is grabbing high-value domains at expiration
• And much more!
September 18, 2014
This is the show where we discuss domain name industry news with a panel of veterans and thought leaders.
In this DomainSherpa Discussion:
* Launched this week…what new gTLDs did you buy, do you like/dislike? .bar, .rest, .gripe, .exchange, .capital, .moda, .engineering
* Guerilla marketing of.XYZ. What did they do?
* The biggest registrant of .Bar domains so far is .Bar. Did they give investors/end users a chance to reg first?
* Reader question: Who’s likely to win .Web? Will .Web be the next .Com?
* Demand Media set to spinoff Rightside on August 1, but SeekingAlpha thinks it’s going to sink like the Titanic. Will it?
* Reader question: Can you use a .co.com as a state abbreviation for Colorado?
* And much more!
July 17, 2014
Does Google have you guessing about your SEO strategy? Have you been slapped with a search engine ranking penalty, or worse, is your site not even showing up in the organic search results at all?
This interview with an SEO veteran covers not only the current state of affairs, but where SEO is heading and how to create great content for your business.
The days of thin sites, inexpensively purchased content and machine-generated websites are gone. Learn what you need to do in the future to have high-ranked sites by watching this show.
April 8, 2013
In 2006, Jesse Stein purchased SportsMemorabilia.com for $12,500 when it wasn’t much more than a domain name.
Fast forward several years, and the company now leads the market in high-end autographed sports merchandise and memorabilia, making $19.5 million in revenue in 2012. We start at the beginning to learn about SportsMemorabilia.com’s journey and how they plan to be a $100+ million company.
February 25, 2013
Many people openly state that exact match domain names are worth more because they can get your website to the top of the search engine results. But this commonly espoused belief has rarely been backed up by real data…until today.
Seventeen-year-old wunderkind Mark Collier has not only secured a substantial amount of data from various sources, but he’s taught himself programming and statistics in order to analyze the data. And he can say without a doubt – statistically speaking, of course – that exact match domain names correlate with high-ranking websites within the search engine results.
July 30, 2012
Learn how Perry Rosenbloom set up affiliate websites that generate a healthy five-figure income (soon to be six-figures) on topics he loves — and with domain names you can register today.
It didn’t happen overnight. It took consistent, hard work for a few years, but now his passive income affords him the flexibility to travel with his school-teacher wife during summers.
July 16, 2012
To have a website that ranks highly in search engines like Google and Bing, just how important is the domain name? For the most reliable information on this topic, I invited the leading authority on search engines, Danny Sullivan, to join me on DomainSherpa.
Listen in as Sullivan discusses the often-debated relationship between domain names and search engine optimization, including:
* Do keywords within the domain name help search engine optimization?
* Are keywords within the domain name better than just having keywords elsewhere in the URL?
* Is buying a premium generic domain name a good investment for a new business?
And many more
March 19, 2012
Andrew Hazen knows a thing or two about marketing. In fact, he has built and sold two Internet marketing companies, pocketing millions of dollars in the process. And he has written a book using easy-to-understand language about search engine optimization.
In this show, Andrew shares how he turned 90 admittedly marginal hand-registered .com domain names and one .info domain into $56,000 per month. (I have seen the Google Adsense report to verify this impressive figure.) You will be surprised to learn that in addition to search engine optimization, a clever television ad campaign drove the results.
January 16, 2012
The Q&A series is where we ask domain name experts, influencers and friends of DomainSherpa for their opinions. This week we are looking at whether it is better to develop a singular or plural version of a domain name into a directory of providers. Domainers understand that, however it may change over time, there will […]
April 10, 2011
Matt Cutts put out a video entitled “How important is it to have keywords in a domain name?” and domainers and webmasters alike all over the world took notice. His focus is on answering a users question regarding whether to go for a brandable domain name (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo, Google) or keyword-rich domain name (BuyViagraOnline).
March 14, 2011