Domain name auction houses allow you to backorder domain names that will soon expire.
If you’re the only bidder on a soon-to-expire domain name, you will get the domain name for the minimum bid (about $10-$100, depending on the auction house). If there is more than one bidder, the domain name will go to auction and the highest bidder will win it. And of course, if there are no bids, the domain name will be deleted and available for hand registration.
Largest Domain Name Auction Houses
The following companies are the largest domain name auction houses in the world. (Note: DomainSherpa does not use affiliate links.)
1. NameJet, http://namejet.com
2. Go Daddy Auctions, http://auctions.godaddy.com
3. SnapNames, http://snapnames.com
4. Afternic, http://afternic.com
5. Name.com, https://www.name.com/expired_domains.php
6. Dynadot, http://www.dynadot.com/marketplace/expired/
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe for updates (it's free)