In this DomainSherpa Discussion:
• Verisign sues .XYZ and Negari for false advertising
• Verisign also ramps up their marketing of .COM
• The .Blog auction was settled for an estimated $20 million
• .Shabaka preliminary renewals coming in a 55%
• NamesCon.Vegas ridiculously low registration cost of $199 (for 2 days)
• Reader question: are new gTLDs still worth investing in?
• And much more!
February 26, 2015
Most investors in the domain name industry would be nervous to invest $185,000 in a single premium domain name.
But on today’s show we interview a 27-year-old entrepreneur who invested $185,000 not once, but three times this year, spending a total of over half a million dollars in application fees alone to register new top level domains.
This is the story of how a domain name investor built a registrar and is launching at least two (possibly three) registries.
October 7, 2013