Most developers build a site, increase readership and then sell advertising space. Unless you own an ultra-premium geographic domain name like FrenchRiviera.com, in which case the brand alone is enough to set up meetings with some of the most exclusive potential advertisers in the region.
Toby Hardy bought FrenchRiviera.com in 2009 and, in partnership with Fred Mercaldo at CitiesPlanet.com, is turning it into the ultimate online destination for the rich and famous who visit cities such as Monte Carlo, Cannes and the like.
April 23, 2012
Elliot Silver owns two companies and a lot of businesses, but he makes a majority of his revenue through domain name flipping. He constantly thinks of domain names to purchase and – when he decides he wants one – will almost always make an offer in his initial contact.
In this candid interview, Elliot shares a tremendous amount of information:
* How he discovers domains for purchase
* How he values domains
* Whether he “churns and burns” or tries to sell to an end-user
* How he finds end-users to contact
* How many domain name sales he focuses on at one time
* Why he uses both a written contract and escrow
* One $2,450 domain name investment gone bad and what he learned
And Elliot loves receiving reply emails from MAILER-DAEMON. Why? Opportunity. Listen to this interview to learn more.
April 12, 2011