Rick Schwartz and Howard Neu, the co-founders of the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. domain name industry conference, join Michael Cyger to discuss T.R.A.F.F.I.C. West taking place May 28th through May 31st in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Questions answered include:
* What can people expect if they attend the TRAFFIC West conference this year? (e.g., educational content, speed networking, live auction, “gTLD shootout”, “king com”, etc.)
* What is the differentiation of TRAFFIC West from the other domain name related conferences to attendees?
* Who are the “right people” to come to the TRAFFIC event?
* Many conferences include multiple tracks to target different attendee segments. Will you be doing that too? Why or why not?
* Who are the keynote speakers and how will their message impact attendees focused on domain name investing, startups and entrepreneurship?
* TRAFFIC always throws great parties. What can attendees expect this year?
* What do you say to people who are thinking of skipping TRAFFIC West to attend TRAFFIC East?
April 30, 2014
In this interview, Internet attorney Howard Neu, who successfully represented Rick Schwartz in the SaveMe.com uniform domain-name dispute-resolution policy (UDRP) case, discusses the details of the UDRP, how to improve your chances of winning a UDRP, and how Vanity.com could have improved the chances of winning their UDRP.
* The requirements of a complainant to win a UDRP
* What you are doing today that might be considered “bad faith”
* How the SaveMe.com UDRP was so easily defended
* How Vanity.com, Inc. could lose its domain, Vanity.com, when it owned a trademark
* What domain investors need to know to successfully defend a UDRP
June 25, 2012
Page Howe did not start domaining in the mid-1990s like so many other mega-domainers who have sold domain names for millions. Instead, he started just when the market was crashing in 2001 by buying the assets of a dot-com burnout through eBay for $105,000. He later sold those assets for $1.8 million.
As a regular “Joe Domainer” – in fact, he named his domain name marketplace JoeDomains.com – Howe uses a very structured approach to successfully buy and sell domain names in the under $5,000 range. The entire interview is packed full of great tips, so be sure to grab a pen and pad of paper before watching this show.
October 25, 2011
Last week, the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Domain Conference & Expo took place in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Top domain investors from around the world converged at the Ritz Carlton for five days of networking, sharing, learning, partying and dealmaking.
Here are five lessons learned that you can use to grow your business that I gleaned from this conference. If you attended the conference and learned a lesson or two that is not covered here, please let us know about it in the comments.
October 23, 2011