In this DomainSherpa Discussion:
• Are .COM values increasing or decreasing as a result of the new gTLDs?
• Should you be doing outbound sales calls by telephone on inbound inquiries by email?
• Not all .COMs are taken and Verisign proves it
• ICANN Passes the buck to the FTC
• Judy Berkens makes a special guest appearance and shares the secrets to 29 years of marriage
• And much more!
April 16, 2015
Bryan Marble is the founder of GroupTrip, a social web service that helps plan travel logistics with friends. His tech startup doesn’t have a lot of money to spend on branding, a domain name or marketing — they’re still in beta testing. But on the encouragement of a well-known talk-Internet host, he evaluated the use of a new top level domain for his website: .CO. This is the story of how split testing (also known as A/B testing) and data helped Mr. Marble decide whether to select the best .COM domain name he could afford or a better name but with a .CO extension.
January 19, 2011